How to Sell on MyDeal: What You Need to Know to Become a Marketplace Seller
Want to learn how to sell on MyDeal? Here’s everything you need to know to become an exceptional marketplace seller on the platform.
With the continued growth of e-commerce in Australia, an increasing number of sales channels are vying for sellers’ attention. One of those channels is MyDeal. With over 3.4 million hits monthly, MyDeal contributes greatly to Australia’s growing e-commerce market. It’s not surprising to see many retailers are interested about how to sell on MyDeal, especially those with a focus on selling home, garden, and lifestyle products.
If you want to start selling on MyDeal, here’s everything you need to know.
Why Sell on MyDeal?
As one of the top online marketplaces in Australia and New Zealand, there are numerous benefits to selling on MyDeal.
Firstly, MyDeal focuses on homeware and lifestyle products. The platform has established itself as the leading marketplace for these categories. So, if your products are of that type, MyDeal is the obvious choice for an additional sales channel.
MyDeal also holds regular sales events that give merchants plenty of opportunities to attract new customers. The platform provides paid advertising opportunities to increase exposure and potentially boost sales.
Who Can Sell on Mydeal?
Anyone can sell on MyDeal, so long as you agree and meet the following requirements:
- Agree to MyDeal’s Seller Terms and Service Level Agreement
- Meet the requirements of MyDeal’s Product Safety Policy
- Sell products in compliance with Australian product and consumer safety regulations
- Sell in AUD
- Have possession of stock and/or ownership of goods as MyDeal does not allow sellers to use third-party drop-shippers for product sales and fulfilment
- Deliver products Australia-wide with a maximum delivery time frame of 15 days
- Delivery should not require a freight quote before shipment
- Respond to customer service enquiries within 48 hours
- Resolve warranty claims or fulfilment issues within 10 business days
If you can comply with the above requirements, all that’s left is for you to apply as a seller. You will need to provide the following information in your application:
- Your name
- The name of your business
- Your company website
- Your email address and phone number
- Your integration method
- An estimate of the number of listings you expect to have
- The type of products you will be selling
- Where your products will be shipped from
- If you’re selling on other marketplaces
There is also the ability to send questions you may have about the application process.
In case you’re wondering how much it costs to sell on MyDeal, it depends on the type of products you’re selling. Sellers can contact the MyDeal team for more information on the fees that apply to them.
What Products Can You Sell?
With a focus on home, garden, and lifestyle categories, there are plenty of items that you can add to your product range. Here’s a list of categories to consider:
- Home & Garden
- Baby & Kids
- Toys & Games
- Sports & Outdoors
- Tools & Equipment
- Books & Media
- Arts & Entertainment
- Health & Beauty
- Clothing & Accessories
- Food, Beverages & Liquor
Any merchants looking to sell items outside of these categories will not be allowed to sell on MyDeal.
Please note that product listings may be removed or rejected if they don’t adhere to MyDeal’s product listing policy.
How to Sell on MyDeal: Best Practices
Once you receive approval on your seller application, all that’s left is to upload your products.
In general, you can list your products on MyDeal in three ways: via APIs, through direct integration with e-commerce platforms and channel partners, or via manual upload. Do note that you need to have the following fields so your listings can perform:
- Product Title
- Product Description
- Product Category
- Set currency to AUD
- Image URL
The more data you include, the more you help the customer make an informed decision, which can help reduce the number of returns.
Here are a few more tips to ensure that your product listings help you sell more:
- Conduct keyword research: using the right keywords gets the attention of the right customers. By doing keyword research, you can ensure that your listings appear for the most relevant search queries.
- Use a set of images: showcase your items from various angles so you can set accurate expectations. Adding a lifestyle image also helps customers understand how the product looks in use.
- Exclude products: Part of increasing your ROI is advertising smarter, which sometimes means removing products from your store. Consider skipping seasonal items, out-of-stock products, or those with low-profit margins.
- Go deeper with product categories: When selecting the category for your listings, keep it as relevant as possible and go as far down the hierarchy as you can. This helps shoppers who are looking for very specific products find and consider your offer.
Become a MyDeal Marketplace Seller with Ozzca
While MyDeal has a team of experts to help you get started on the platform, you will still oversee managing your store and your listings. It may sound easy, but being a marketplace seller can be challenging when you’re selling hundreds of products across multiple platforms.
Ozzca can help ease the burden! As your marketplace sidekick, we can help you sell on MyDeal, from store setup and product integration to store and compliance management. Our team of marketplace experts can also help you with your sales and marketplace strategies to help you sell more.
Need help answering customer queries and resolving tickets? We can help with your customer service needs, whether you need them after hours, on weekends, or 24×7.
Book a consultation today!